The objectives and functions of the Department
- Follow up the implementation of infection control programs in the regions/provinces.
- To Provide advice and support regarding programs of infection control and sterilization in order to address the deficiencies and overcome the difficulties and work as a link between the regions/provinces and the GDIPC.
- To review and approve the infection control annual plans including training activities of the regions/provinces
- Performance evaluation of the infection control directorates in the regions/provinces thorough reviewing the reports and performance indicators using the communication methods (phones, emails and field rounds) and send feedback to the regions/provinces.
- To ensure the availability of the infection control product and equipment in the regions/provinces and to assure that the supplies meets the approved specifications form GDIPC.
- To provide consultations to the infection control directorates in the regions/provinces regarding the following:
- Conformity of the construction and renovation works to the requirements of infection control.
- To develop a system for evaluation of the new infection control products and supply and not included in the medical supply manual for approval before direct purchase.
- To coordinate with the planning and development department to discuss any issues related to implementation of infection control and sterilization programs.
- To submit a quarter report to planning and development department including achievements of the programs and any constraints.
- To follow up the implementation of any emerging tasks or programs assigned by the general director.
- Follow up of the current projects and programs in coordination with the reference persons in the general directorate.
General Directorate of Infection Prevention and Control
الإدارة العامة لمكافحة عدوى المنشآت الصحية
About the Department:
The Department of Monitoring And Evaluation was established to consolidate and build up a comprehensive and sustainable workflow between general Directorate and regional IPC directorates. The department is responsible to monitoring the quality of the performance and IPC programs implementation in all health care for performance evaluation .Performance evaluation is sent to planning and development department to be used for operational plans of general directorate
Department of Monitoring and Evaluation